Jodie Cook has become one of the UK’s leading social media experts having established her social media agency in 2011. Alongside a strong team of social media managers at JC Social Media, Jodie has worked with hundreds of businesses across a variety of sectors, from hospitality to education and manufacturing to property. JC Social Media is one of the largest specialist social media agencies in the UK and delivers services including social media management, social media training and online social media courses.
Social media plays a huge role in the lives of billions and it’s up to businesses to utilise it as a marketing, engagement and lead-generation tool. Through personal use of social networks such as Facebook, most people understand the basic functions of social platforms, but businesses often require additional expertise to generate a return from their social media marketing activity.
Jodie discovered the power of social media for business whilst on a graduate scheme and founded her social media company the day after it finished. Since then, she has deepened her knowledge of social media and its commercial applications, for businesses with a range of marketing goals across multiple sectors. Jodie and her colleagues speak at national events and work with organisations including the NHS, British Athletics and Lloyds Banking Group. She has also written books on social media.
Press and media
Jodie has published multiple books, featured on panels, television and radio and even appeared as the social media expert on pilot TV show #Oversharers. Jodie regularly discusses social media topics with various publications and is open to opportunities to write or discuss topical issues.
Jodie offers her expertise as a social media consultant and social media speaker to organisations across the UK. To contact Jodie about press and media opportunities as a social media expert, use the contact form.
Selected press and media inclusions
- Commenting on Mrs Hinch and other social media cleaning personalities for the Telegraph
- Commenting on the lifecycle of a social app for TechWorld
- Discussing Instagram safety and privacy for CNBC
- Contributing to a Telegraph article about Instagram influencers and travel bloggers
- Commenting for She Knows on why signing off social media isn’t the cure for stress and unhappiness
- How well do businesses really understand and use Twitter? Article for Digital Marketing Magazine
- A hot new Instagram trend that was actually from the 90s, for the New York Post
- Inclusion in The Drum’s 50 under 30 list of young female digital specialists
- Commenting on the latest tech gadgets for saving time in the Sunday Herald
- Discussing the concept of buying followers in Look Magazine
- Contributed to research on the effect of social media on young people’s health and wellbeing
- Jodie’s thoughts on ‘breadcrumbing friends’ for Refinery 29