I established my social media agency in 2011 and became one of the UK’s leading social media experts, delivering social media consultancy and running my agency.
Our work furthered concepts in social media theory and I have written books on social media including Instagram Rules, now recommended reading for marketing students at UK universities.
In 2021, the agency was acquired by a marketing group. JC Social Media remains one of the largest specialist social media agencies in the UK and delivers services including social media management, social media training, ads management and online social media courses.
The strong team at JC Social Media works with hundreds of businesses across a variety of sectors, from hospitality to education and manufacturing to property. The agency works with clients including the NHS, British Athletics, Nando’s, Yodel and Avon.
I am an ambassador for the group but hold no day-to-day role.
Requests for social media work will be forwarded to JC Social Media, or you can make an enquiry directly here.
Press and media
During my time running JC Social Media, I published multiple books, featured on panels, television and radio and appeared as the social media expert on pilot TV show #Oversharers. I regularly discussed social media topics with various publications including BBC News, the Independent and the New York Post.
To contact me about press and media opportunities as a social media expert, use the contact form.
I receive a lot of requests but endeavour to respond or put journalists in contact with the best colleague to assist.
Selected press and media inclusions
- Commenting on Mrs Hinch and other social media cleaning personalities for the Telegraph
- Discussing Instagram safety and privacy for CNBC
- Discussing cancel culture and call-out culture for Cosmopolitan
- Contributing to a Telegraph article about Instagram influencers and travel bloggers
- Commenting for She Knows on why signing off social media isn’t the cure for stress and unhappiness
- A hot new Instagram trend that was actually from the 90s, for the New York Post
- Commenting on the latest tech gadgets for saving time in the Sunday Herald
- Contributed to research on the effect of social media on young people’s health and wellbeing
- Thoughts on ‘breadcrumbing friends’ for Refinery 29
- Commenting on Instagram pet pictures putting millennials at risk for the Telegraph
- How well do businesses really understand and use Twitter? Article for Digital Marketing Magazine